Civil Engineering is no stranger to the R&D tax credits.
The science of engineering is a natural for the R&D tax credit.
Given research is often based on the principles of engineering, the various disciplines within the science provide a wide range of qualified activities. Due to favorable changes to the R&D tax credit, you can often monetize your engineering efforts.
Designing, Developing and Creating
When it comes to building roads, bridges, buildings, systems, and communities, nothing gets done without the help of a civil engineer. From initial design concepts to ensuring the grading for a new housing development is correct to structural systems development, a civil engineering firm conducts a significant number of qualifying activities.
Let’s look at some if the specific activities that may qualify for R&D tax credits:
- Developing unique solutions to new infrastructure challenges
- Designing water, sewage and other below-ground systems in complex or unique underground materials
- Development and design of unique structural components for bridges, buildings or other structures
- Design engineering solutions to mitigate potential environmental hazards
- Develop structural foundation designs for various soil compositions
- Evaluation and Testing of building materials for use in a particular project
- Design tunnels given different rock, soil and grade dynamics
- Develop and design street and highway systems
- Design port, airport and harbors including shipping lanes, docks and storage impact
- Design and development activities related to wastewater treatment plants
- Sidewalk, drainage and other planned community infrastructure
- Designing infrastructure to implement green or solar technologies
Acena Consulting’s team builds the bridge between these qualified activities and the R&D tax credits. Our streamlined process utilizes a proprietary technology that provides a solid foundation to support and document your qualifying activities.
We offer a free evaluation and consultation of your activities and potential credits available.
Contact us today and monetize your research tax credits.